The Australian Robotics and Automation Association Inc. is a professional society.
Its objectives are:
- To promote, by meetings, conferences, publications, broadcasts and other means, knowledge and understanding of robotics and automation and their likely business, economic, social and other implications.
- To encourage, by all possible means, research and development designed to benefit industry and society by advancing the capabilities of robotics and automation systems.
- To forecast the future effects of robotics and automation upon Australian industry and society, and to promote the use of robotics and automation for the common benefit.
- To promote and encourage co-operation with similar overseas associations and with other organisations interested in robotics and automation or their implications.
- To promote, improve and encourage the training of persons, to the highest possible level, in robotics, automation and related disciplines.
- To promote and extend the interests and influence of all or any Australian organisations concerned with robotics and automation.
- To do all such other things as may seem to the Association incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.