UNSW Kensington Campus, Sydney
The 2023 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation (ACRA 2023) is jointly organised by the Australian Robotics and Automation Association, UNSW, and the UTS Robotics Institute. The conference will be held in person on 4-6 December 2023 at UNSW Kensington Campus, Sydney.
Since 1999, ACRA has brought together Australian and New Zealand researchers and students in robotics, automation, and mechatronics. It provides a forum to present a breadth of research activities to the broader Australasian community. ACRA is a quality, peer-reviewed conference featured in Scopus, Google Scholar, and other ranking engines.
All full papers submitted to ACRA 2023 will undergo a peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed by at least two reviewers giving detailed comments. If the submission is accepted, the authors will submit a revised (“camera-ready”) version that takes into account this feedback. All papers are reviewed using a single-blind review process. Papers from all areas of robotics are encouraged.
The conference will run from Monday 4 December to Wednesday 6 December. Further details will be posted here about the conference soon.
Submission of full-length papers:
18th September 2023 (23:59 AEST) 28th September 2023 (23:59 AEST)
Notification of paper acceptance:
31st October 2023 10th November 2023
Submission of camera-ready papers:
14th November 2023 24th November 2023
- Associate Professor Javier Rivera – University of Zaragoza (unizar.es): Javier Civera received the Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain.,He is currently an Associate Professor with the Department of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, University of Zaragoza. He currently works in the SLAM Lab, Robotics, Perception and Real-Time Group, in the University of Zaragoza. His research interests include SLAM and computer vision for robotics, specifically Structure from Motion, SLAM and visual recognition. He teaches Computer Vision, Machine Learning and AI courses at Bachelor and Master level. He is an Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
- Annika Raatz – Institut für Montagetechnik – Leibniz Universität Hannover (uni-hannover.de): Annika Raatz received the Dipl.-Ing. and Dr.-Ing. degrees in mechanical engineering from the TU Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany, in 1997 and 2006, respectively. Annika Raatz currently works at the Institute of Assembly Technology, Leibniz Universität Hannover. Annika does research in Mechanical Engineering. One of their current projects are soft material robotic systems, human-robot-cooperation, underactuated handling systems. Dr. Raatz received the Heinrich Büssing Award for outstanding achievements of young scientists in 2007.
- Professor Claude Sammut (unsw.edu.au): Claude Sammut is a Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales. His early work on relational learning helped to the lay the foundations for the field of Inductive Logic Programming (ILP). With Donald Michie, he also did pioneering work in Behavioural Cloning. His current interests are focussed on Machine Learning applications in Robotics. He was the leader of the UNSW teams that won RoboCup four-legged robot competitions in 2000, 2001 and 2003; the winners of the 2014 and 2015 Standard Platform League and the team that won the award for best autonomous robot at RoboCup Rescue 2009, 2010 and 2011. He was general chair of RoboCup 2019, Sydney. Claude Sammut has been a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Machine Learning Research, the Machine Learning Journal and New Generation Computing. He is a member of the board of trustees of the RoboCup Federation and. He is co-editor-in-chief of Springer’s Encyclopedia of Machine Learning and Data Mining.
Call for Papers (CFP)
Click here to download the official flyer from ACRA 2023.
For attendance inquiries:
For sponsorship inquiries:
- Marc Carmichael, Marc.Carmichael@uts.edu.au
ACRA 2023 Commitee
- Maurice Pagnucco, University of New South Wales
- Yang Song, University of New South Wales
- Kathryn Kasmarik, University of New South Wales
- Liang Zhao, University of Technology Sydney
- Leo Wu, University of New South Wales
- Gavin Paul, University of Technology Sydney
- Marc Carmichael, University of Technology Sydney
- Francisco Cruz, University of New South Wales
- Gwendolyn Foo, University of New South Wales
- Anthony Tompkins, University of New South Wales
- Shadi Abpeikar, University of New South Wales
|Elahe Abdi||Alen Alempijevic||Fernando Auat Cheein||Muge Belek Fialho Teixeira|
|Graeme Best||Will Browne||Mitch Bryson||Michael Burke|
|Marc Carmichael||Chao Chen||Hoam Chung||Resul Dagdanov|
|Mohammad Deghat||Jared Donovan||Licheng Feng||Matthias Guertler|
|Jose Guivant||Shen Hin Lim||Shoudong Huang||Mats Isaksson|
|Anjali Jaiprakash||Maleen Jayasuriya||Stine Johansen||Jay Katupitiya|
|Sarath Kodagoda||Felix Kong||Navinda Kottege||Yujun Lai|
|Melinda Laundon||Cedric Le Gentil||Minas Liarokapis||Wen Lik D. Lui|
|Bruce MacDonald||Brendan McCane||Chris McCarthy||Nuwan Munasinghe|
|Mahla Nejati||Denny Oetomo||Pauline EI Pounds||Phillip D. Quin|
|Dana Rezazadegan||Markus Rittenbruch||Jonathan Roberts||Fred Sukkar|
|Sheila Sutjipto||Karthick Thiyagarajan||Jaime Valls Miro||Thanh Vu|
|Xiaoyi Wang||Henry Williams||Chanyeol Yoo|
ACRA 2023 will continue to bring together researchers, engineers, academics, students, practitioners, organisations and industries to discuss the current state of the art of research and advancement of technology in all areas of Robotics and Automation.
- Submission of full-length papers:
18th September 2023 (23:59 AEST)28th September 2023 (23:59 AEST)
- Notification of paper acceptance:
31st October 202310th November 2023
- Submission of camera-ready papers:
14th November 202324th November 2023
ACRA papers must be 6-10 pages in length (including text, references, figures and acknowledgements). Papers that do not follow these guidelines may be rejected without review.
Please use this link to download the following files:
LaTeX: style file: acra.sty, template: acra.tex, bibtex: named.bst
Microsoft Word | Star/OpenOffice: template: acra.rtf or acra.odt.
To make your submission, please use this portal.
- Meriton Suites Zetland, Meriton Suites Zetland, 8 Defries Ave, Zetland NSW 2017.
- Perouse Randwick by Sydney Lodges, 6 Perouse Rd, Randwick NSW 2031.
- The Blenheim Randwick, 26 Blenheim St, Randwick NSW 2031.
- The Lurline Randwick 211 Avoca St, Randwick NSW 2031
- The Alison Randwick, 136-138 Alison Rd, Randwick NSW 2031
Early Bird – Register by 20th November 2023
General Admission $700
Student Admission $500
General Admission $750
Student Admission $550
Proceedings can be found here.
For the full program, please check here. (All times are in AEDT – Sydney GMT +11)